The work week is from Sunday to Thursday, with most offices closed on Friday and Saturday. Government offices working hours are from 07:00 to 14:00.
- National Sports DaySecond Tuesday in February.
- Eid Al FitrJuly 8, 2016 (may vary with lunar calendar).
- Eid Al AdhaSeptember 13, 2016 (may vary with lunar calendar).
- Qatar National DayDecember 18.
The monetary unit of Qatar is the riyal (abbreviated to QR or QAR). The exchange rate is fixed at US $1 = QR3.64. There are no foreign exchange controls. ATMs can be found in many locations and most shops and restaurants accept major credit cards.
- Tobacco allowance: 400 cigarettes.
- Personal items and gifts up to a maximum value of QAR 3,000.
- Imports of alcohol and narcotics are prohibited