Location & Accessibility
- State-of-the-art Hamad International Airport – a major aviation hub with extensive worldwide connections.
- Strategically located at the heart of one of the world’s most prosperous and rapidly developing regions. Crossroads of Asia, Europe and Africa.
- Mid-way between Europe (c. 7 hours flying time) and major Far Eastern and African capitals (9-10 hours). Some 14 hours to East Coast USA.
- Home to Qatar Airways, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines. Its expanding network currently serves 150 destinations.
Hotels & Accommodation
- Wide choice of world-class accommodation, including top international and regional hotel brands. Luxury, value and superb service.
- Purpose-built hotel meeting facilities and specialist events teams.
- Spacious well-appointed accommodation with outstanding recreational amenities - pools/private beaches, multiple dining options, luxury spas, sports and gyms.
- Self-contained beachfront resorts in and around Doha, plus downtown properties, boutique hotels and serviced apartments.
Events Facilities & Experience
- World class exhibition and conference venues, including Qatar National Convention Centre and the new Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre.
- Outstanding international events experience – venue for numerous UN conferences, global summits, trade fairs, sports tournaments and cultural festivals.
- Innovative incentives – luxury and adventure, exotic venues, safaris and dhow cruises, Qatari-themed receptions and gala dinners.
- Efficient business event planning services - comprehensive range of event organizers, stand designers/contractors, shipping companies, translators, A-V specialists and other support services.
Transport & Communications
- Experienced DMCs/local tour operators - standard tours and tailored itineraries.
- Plentiful taxis, limousine services, car hire and wide range of group transport options available.
- Efficient telecommunications, broadband and mobile reception.
- English widely spoken and understood. Other major languages spoken in the hospitality sector.
Lifestyle & Environment
- Flourishing tradition of hospitality rooted in Qatar’s age-old heritage.
- Islamic society, tolerant towards other religions and welcoming to foreigners.
- Safe, crime-free ‘first world’ environment. Efficient utilities.
- Sophisticated cosmopolitan lifestyle combined with old world courtesy and hospitality.
Scenery & Nature
- Year-round sunshine on clean sandy beaches, desert dunes, wind-sculpted rock formations, gypsum caves and mangrove lagoons.
- Varied cityscapes - from dramatic high-rise towers to the narrow alleys of the souq. Bold modern architecture with traditional elements, The Pearl, Katara, green parks, elegant public buildings, spacious residential districts.
- Khor Al Adaid - the spectacular ‘inland sea’ with its own unique ecosystem.
Culture & Heritage
- Cultural attractions: Museum of Islamic Art, Mathaf Arab Museum of Modern Art, Msheireb Enrichment Centre, galleries, theatres and performance venues.
- History and heritage: Al Zubarah archaeological site, forts and towers, ancient rock carvings and settlements.
- Authentic experiences: Souq Waqif, camel racing, dhow cruises, desert trips, falconry, handicrafts, henna, music and dance.
- Public art and architecture: works by IM Pei, Jean Nouvel, Richard Serra, Damien Hirst, Louise Bourgeois and many other world famous names.
- The region’s leading cultural destination: historic sites.
- Sports: golf, full range of water sports, diving and fishing.
- Desert adventures: safaris, sand boarding, camel riding, overnight camping and much more.
- Superb shopping, dining and family entertainment … or simply a relaxing escape on the beach, by the pool or at a luxury spa.